- LinguiSystems' Free CEUs have been discontinued.
- You may no longer enroll in additional CEU courses.
- All courses you enrolled in but did not complete have been cancelled.
- Courses completed in June will be reported to ASHA by June 30, 2014.
- All future DVD for Groups courses are cancelled.
- For your records, please print course certificates and your transcript as soon as possible.
Communication MilestonesAuthor: Lynn K. Flahive, Janet R. Lanza
CEUs offered: 0.15
CEEs offered: 1.5
Introductory Level; Basic Communication Processes
This course presents information on developmental milestones for feeding, speech-sound acquisition, pronouns, morphology, mean length utterance, pragmatics, literacy, phonological awareness, concepts, vocabulary, asking and answering questions, and listening. In addition, the course includes a section on red flags in communication development.
This course is for Speech-Language Pathologists.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- identify communication milestones for the major areas of childhood speech and language development.
- discuss the predictable progression for childhood speech and language development.
- provide research-based information to client families in regards to progression of childhood speech and language.
Lynn K. Flahive, M.S., CCC-SLP, has over 30 years experience as a speech-language pathologist. She worked in private and public schools in Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, and Texas for 12 years before joining the department of communication sciences and disorders at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. Lynn has special interests in working with early childhood and early elementary-aged children with phonological and/or language delays.
Lynn is a board recognized specialist in child language. She is an ASHA fellow, past president of the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA), and past executive director of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA).
Janet R. Lanza, M.S., CCC-SLP, has worked as a speech-language pathologist in public schools, private practice, and a university clinic in Texas since 1976. She has been on the faculty of the department of communication sciences and disorders at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas, since 1989. At the TCU Miller Speech and Hearing Clinic, Janet is an instructor and clinical supervisor for classroom settings of preschool children with a variety of communication disorders.
Lynn and Janet have co-authored numerous products for LinguiSystems. They also present workshops nationally and in Canada on the topics of practical and motivational speech and language therapy for young children.
Lynn K. Flahive is employed by Texas Christian University
Financial - Lynn Flahive is LinguiSystems' author and receives royalties for products and was paid a stipend for this course
Nonfinancial - Lynn Flahive has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose
Janet R. Lanza is employed by Texas Christian University
Financial - Janet Lanza is a LinguiSystems' author and receives royalties for products and was paid a stipend for this course
Nonfinancial - Janet Lanza has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose
This course, "Communication Milestones," was funded in its entirety by LinguiSystems, Inc.