Sequence stories like Digger the Billy Goat and more lively, pick-up-and-use activities target the articulation of k/g across all levels of sound production.
- Successfully articulate k/g in syllables, words, sentences, and storytelling
The stimulating lessons give students plenty to talk about and feature:
- practice articulation of k/g in all positions in words and in a variety of phonetic contexts
- reproducible pages with a wide variety of interactive learning formats: mazes, rebus stories, sentence fill-ins, picture scenes, story sequencing, games, and more
- lighthearted art to capture children's attention
- activities arranged in a hierarchy of difficulty
- tips for sound production and a progress chart
You may purchase Spotlight on Articulation K/G individually or as part of the 6-book Spotlight on Articulation set. The 6-book set consists of:
Copyright © 2006
According to the Clinical Guidelines of the Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists (www.rcslt.org/resources, 2005) and the Preferred Practice Patterns of The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (www.asha.org/members/deskref/journals/deskref/default, 2004):
- Acquiring effective spoken language involves the development of a range of processing skills, which utilizes multisensory information and the development of phonology and articulation.
- Speech sound intervention should focus on improvement of speech sound discrimination and production.
- Speech sound intervention should include general facilitation of newly-acquired articulation and/or phonological abilities to a variety of speaking, listening, and literacy-learning contexts.
Spotlight on Articulation K/G incorporates the above principles and is also based on expert professional practice.