240 jumbo-size cards help preschoolers eliminate phonological processes with endearing, simple illustrations and familiar vocabulary.
- Replace phonological processes with correct productions
Young children love to hold and talk about these bright, colorful pictures. The words are printed below each picture to reinforce speech-to-print connection.
Target six commonly-occuring phonological processes. Each phonological process includes 80 pictures (40 minimal pairs):
- cluster reduction (e.g., cloud/loud)
- final consonant deletion (e.g., couch/cow)
- fronting (e.g., kite/tight)
- gliding (e.g., ring/wing)
- initial consonant deletion (e.g., chin/in)
- stopping (shower/tower)
Use the durable, coated 3½" x 5" cards for:
- phonological process training
- minimal pairs tasks
- auditory discrimination activities
- auditory bombardment activities
Copyright © 2007
According to the Clinical Guidelines of the Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists (www.rcslt.org/resources, 2005); Crosbie, Holm, & Dodd (2005); and Saben & Ingham (1991):
- Impairment in phonology impedes the development of effective communication, language, and/or speech.
- Phonological contrast therapy results in suppression of error patterns, especially in children with consistent speech disorder.
- Incorporating auditory bombardment, discrimination, and articulatory placement cues increases the clinical effectiveness of a contrastive therapy approach.
Preschool Phonology Cards is consistent with these principles and is based on expert professional practice.